Jan 25, 2007

I miss hockey !!! some random thoughts

It seems like ages since there's been any meaningful hockey. I know, its only been a week, but its been a LONG week. Granted the all star game was on Wednesday - but I"m not a huge fan of that. ( way to go western all stars) It just doesn't seem like hockey without defense, and body checks. Whatever, I tuned in, and was happy to see the western all stars beat the eastern all stars 12-9. All without Luongo 'tweaking' anything. That I've heard of anyway !! I was a bit disappointed in Sidney Crosby in the game, but he is only 19, and if memory, and researching stats serves me correctly, Wayne Gretzky didn't do anything in his first all star game either. So I believe there is still 'hope' for Sid the Kid. :D

The Canucks season resumes tomorrow night, against The LA Kings. Who should get the start in goal? For myself, I say Dany Sabourin. That kid played great against the Sabres, I say play him. I think he'll get his first NHL win. He does have some skill, and he's gotta want that elusive first win, the team wants to get it for him, I say its a win win situation!!!!!


At least Hockey will be back on the air !!!!!!

No comments: