Oct 10, 2007

Make it stop .......... I'm begging

canucksflyers2

Vancouver Canucks 2

Philadelphia Flyers 8

Canucks record 1-2-0

On the first visit to Vancouver by the flyers in over 6 years, they reminded me, why I don't like the flyers coming to town.  Where was the desire, the effort, the grit, the determination ....... where was my team from last year?  Our stellar defence? yeah that was non existent,  our top notch goaltending, on which all our hopes rest. yeah i couldn't find it either.  Granted I wasn't paying the strictest attention to the game, i was at work, but i'm fairly certain i didn't miss anything. Except maybe the hit to the head of kesler by Jesse Boulerice.  

Obviously he was out to get me, and he got me,” said Kesler, who moments earlier threw a big hit along the end boards on the forecheck.
I'm just lucky my jaw isn't broken, hopefully it's not fractured. Obviously it's a dirty play and you don't like to see that happen to anyone. ... It shouldn't be in the game."

I'm just chalking this one up in the forgetable category. Lets hope this is rock bottom, and its only up hill from here.  Pretty painful, but I'm trying to remind myself we are only three games into the season.   A bright spot - ( grasping at straws here)  our powerplay, isn't too bad, although that 5 on 3 power play we had in the latter stages of the third period, when we somehow managed to allow the Flyers to score 3 on 5 - yeah not gonna go there.

Aaron Miller interviewed by the TEAM 1040 " we were awful tonight ........if the efforts not there, nothing else will work either"

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. They were awful.

Its over, lets forget about it, and NEVER PLAY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!!

 

oct1007_flyers01_b 

No comments: