Oct 5, 2007

The season begins ....with a fizzle

Sharks-v-Canucks-11

Vancouver Canucks 1
San Jose Sharks 3
Canucks record 0-1-0

The home opener, has come and gone. I must say, this night did not transpire quite the way I hoped it would. I was lucky enough to have tickets to the game, and I must say I was extremely disappointed with the first period, and the end result, not quite what I pictured, when the Canucks seasons hopes were bright and undiminished.

Talk about being brought back down to earth. This game definitely did that. Don't get me wrong, i'm not pushing the panic button - it is only the first game - maybe the team had the home opener jitters, Perhaps Mason Raymond, and Ryan Shannon, were nervous playing in the NHL at home in the first game of the season. Maybe - maybe - maybe. It doesn't really matter, I dont want to hear excuses do you?

Through out the whole game, one of the only players to stand out - for me anyway, was Ryan Kesler. And only because of his speed. The other players stood out for the wrong reasons, Ryan Shannon, how many gaping empty nets are gonna be there for you? How could you miss? I could have scored, and I dont even skate very good.  Naslund, How many 'nudges' will you throw, before you remember what a good 'check' is? I could have thrown heavier checks than you did tonight.   Sedins? please dont start playing pretty yet - at least not until we have the lead anyway - SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT - Morrison, thank you for scoring, at least it wasn't a shutout.............

Now i get to face the San Jose fans at work, yikes, not looking forward to facing them, after all my talk before the game......

I'm a little frustrated, but come tommorrow morning, all will be well, and i'll be ready to face the world, and the Flames head on.

Bring on the Flames - and hopefully a few more goals

I remain a loyal Canucks fan , just a disheartened one tonight.

 

No comments: