Nov 24, 2005

okay enough excitement

I think I should have kept my mouth shut about never having anything exciting happen to me. Today was a doozy of a day !

It started off with the best of intentions. My nice new dodge sx 2.0 (2004) was dirty, it needed a good washing. I thought i'd take the lazy way, and just run it thru a car wash. Worst decision I ever made !

I took it to Petro Canada, on 56th and 200th.. filled up with gas, and bought a carwash.( 42.99) i entered the carwash... not expecting anything horrible to happen. If I could have only forseen the future ...... I never would have gone in.....

Near the end of the car wash.... my car... if you can believe this, gets stuck. The machinery in the carwash, doesn't eject my car like it is supposed to. It attempts to... but instead of going forward, and out of the carwash, i go a little bit forward, and then roll back. This happens about 5 or 6 times. I"m totally freaking by this time.......have you ever heard of anyone being 'stuck" in a car wash? Anyway, I somehow got out of it...... but in the process, My side mirror, gets ripped off, and all along the passenger side of the car, it is scraped, scratched, dented..... It is painful to look at !

Before this happened, there was nary a scratch. I was pretty proud of myself. I"ve had my car for more than a year now... and I've taken pretty good care of it. Till now........

Everytime I look at my car now, it makes me really *sad*

and to make matter worse, I had to go into work right after this happened. I was a basket case... I was crying all the way in... I know I know that sounds really stupid, ........ and then at work everyone was like whats wrong? so I attempted to tell them, and I started crying again....( I think I was still in shock or something who knows)

Granted, it is just a car ( that cost me alot of hard earned money) and it didn't involve anyone else, No one was hurt (except my feelings) Good thing I have comprehensive.... here's hoping ICBC covers it, and hopefully Petro Canada, will chip in something. There is no way that this should have happened !

but happen it did............... for reasons that are way beyond my comprehension at this point !!

touchless car washes, and coin operated do it yourself carwashes are the thing for me from now on... I've learned my lesson!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh jenn... the car looks horrible... am sorry it happened to you... is hard to get that first dent and you got more than one by the looks of it... it can be fixed.. hopefully petrocan will pay your deductable... icbc will cover it .. after all what do you pay insurance for??... have a nice day... least you get to have ethan.. maybe he will make you feel better... I love you.. mom

Anonymous said...

Jen i am so sorry that happened... that is horrid... I dont blame you for being so upset... I pray that petor can and icbc will cover it...
Have a good day.... Chow for now