Apr 13, 2007

maybe a little too believable

2006/2007 Playoffs
Round 1
Game 2

Series : 1-1

Canucks 0
Stars 2


What can I say? I'm extremely disappointed in this result. A loss, I think I can handle, but to be shutout at home in the playoffs. It embarrasses me. Although why I have anything to be embarrassed about I dont know.

The stars scored in the first minute, of both the first and second periods. And that's all she wrote for the Canucks. They were badly out played in the first half of the first, they started sort of playing near the end of the first, and the second. THere were a few spurts of brilliance here and there, but they couldn't solve TURCO.


*putting on rose colored glasses*

The play of Jannick Hansen, was promising. If he can keep that up, lots of energy and smart plays tonight. He didn't hurt them at all. Jan Bulis was really noticeable. I was impressed with both these players. Naslund was having a good game - mostly anyway. He was hitting, and thats sort of unusual for him.


* Taking off rose colored glasses *

Let's just say i was real disappointed with the all round effort. It didn't help that Dallas got on the board right away. The Canucks were chasing right from the get go. Really, I shouldn't be surprised. The Canucks seem to make a habit of having a let down game after an emotional victory. I'd have to say winning game one in quadruple Overtime is about as emotional as it can get in the sport of hockey.

Game 3 on Sunday in Dallas. Perhaps Matt Cooke, and Alexandre Burrows will be back? We miss their energy. I expect a better effort out of them on Sunday, but they'll be in tough. The ice will probably be really bad as there is a basketball game, or concert just a few short hours before the hockey game

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for using my video!

And yeah.. nucks' losing game 2.. sad. We gotta get 'em at home!

Sean Zandberg said...

Now if only we could play like Dallas did last night. A full 60-minute effort from the Stars.
They sure shut us down!