Apr 5, 2007

Oppurtunity to clinch - wasted

With this being the last Canucks home game of the 2006/2007 season the Canucks Player Awards were announced. Not Surprisingly Roberto Luongo walked away with the most honours. What a shocker!



Canucks 1
Avs 3

Once again, the Canucks make it difficult on themselves, leaving it to the last two games to clinch the division. The Canucks need one more victory out of their last two games, or a Minnesota loss. We really don't want to depend on Minnesota to lose. They haven't been doing alot of that lately. Also, Minnesota has one game left - against St Louis. Taking a look at the Standings Minnesota is one point behind us with one game left.

So it comes down to San Jose, or Phoenix. We need at least one more win, I believe they can do it, but I dont know if I want to listen to them do it. I love this team, but they drive me crazy !!!!!!!!

Tonight, it was Milan Hejduk, who scored all three goals for his Colorado Avalanche, and kept their slim playoff hopes alive. Sami Salo scored for the Canucks. Luongo made some huge stops, but Milan Hejduk was just too much for the canucks tonight. Somehow, after a game like this, I dont feel too confident going into the playoffs. That could very well be just because the game just ended, and I"m disappointed they lost, but - they should have won, it would have been so much easier - the pressure is on them now.

I Still BELIEVE !!!! Lets hope they win in San Jose on Saturday afternoon.

No comments: