Mar 14, 2007

not again !

Canucks 2
Wild 3
overtime loss


* Jan Bulis opened the scoring, and Matt Cooke followed soon thereafter. The first period was great. The Canucks were up 2-0.
* I suppose after the first the Canucks thought they could coast to an easy victory against the Wild. Why they thought that I have no idea !! But the second and third period, they basically sat on their lead, and watched it diminish, until Brian Rolston scored with less than 5 minutes left in the game to tie it up.
* Minnesota gets the two points and gains some ground on us - we take home the point and maintain an one point lead on the Wild for first in the division.
* I was 'angry' at the end of this game, but since I have calmed down a bit. Them losing was just the last straw of my very boring night at work working with incompentent people. I needed them to win. I think I invest too many of my emotions into this team!!!
* one of my employees called me a "bandwagonner" at the end of this game - I don't agree. I love this team, and I want them to do well, how does calling them losers after they lose an important divisional game make me a bandwagonnner :)

* a few issues

* Where have the power play goals gone?
* Where has Naslund and Morrison gone?
* Where has Daniel Sedin gone? He hasn't scored in a bout a week now I think
* Why did the Canucks not play a full 60 minutes in an important divisional game?


I suppose the end result isn't that disheartening, we got a point anyway. I'm hoping that them losing tonite leads them to play an incredible game on thursday against the Blues, when I'm at the game. Someday I hope they learn their lesson - PLAY A FULL 60 MINUTES PLEASE? or at least play long enough so that you win the game !!

Go Canucks Go !





No comments: