Mar 16, 2007

Twin Power Activates


Canucks 3
Blues 2

Overtime win

A nice two points, gained tonite, but they just can't do it the easy way can they? I was lucky enuf to be at the game tonite, and thoroughly enjoyed myself up until the 13th minute of the third period. I dont know what happened, but for some reason, the Canucks fell apart briefly. But long enough for the Blues to tie the game and send it to Overtime. I guess in the end it didn't really matter, we won, but seriously !!! a two goal lead in the third?? Does this seem concerning at all?

* Jeff Cowan showed lots of hustle tonight. Although held off the scoresheet, he was definitely one of the more noticeable Canucks. After a particularly great shift, in which he had a great chance to open the scoring, the crowd started chanting COW-AN COW - AN it was pretty impressive
* The first game I was wearing my vintage canucks jersey. My signed Trevor Linden vintage canucks jersey, And Trevor Linden scores a 'NICE' goal. It was so funny, my friend had just finished say, "they're tired, get off the ice" then boom there's good ole reliable Trevor putting the puck in the back of the net. I LOVE IT!! yes indeed my vintage canucks jersey is good luck now !

* The Sedins were at their best tonight. Playing with Cowan of all people, but it seemed to work. Both Henrik and Daniel scored tonite. ALthough Cowan didn't get a point on any of the goals, he played a huge part in finding open ice, and making room for the Sedins to work their magic.
* Jan Bulis - need I say more. We were sitting in the I hate jan bulis section of the game tonite. It was interesting to hear the little side remarks throughout our immediate area. He made some stupid decisions with the puck tonight. Will we have to wait for 8 more games before he has another good one?
* Roberto Luongo - made the saves when he had too, I wouldn't say he was spectacular tonite, after facing only about 8-12 shots in the first two periods, he allowed two goals in the last 7 minutes of regulation. But he made enough saves to eventually allow the Canucks to win it in Overtime

* JUST WHAT THE HECK IS A PENALTY FOR A FACEOFF VIOLATION??? I have never heard of that in my life
* i think we got a little lucky with the four minute power play in the last minute of the game that went into Overtime, allowing for Daniel Sedin's heroics on the powerplay. but hey i'll go with it. The Canucks were very disciplined taking only one penalty, and that was one penalty that I had no clue why it was called.

* Roberto Luongo reached a milestones tonight. becoming only the 20th goaltender in NHL History to win 40 games in a season. He's not concerned about it however. Keep up the great work Luongo !!!!

* A calgary loss, combined with a Minnesota win, the canucks retain first place in the division with a one point lead on the Wild





Overall, I had a great time at the game, it was nice to see a win, although a win in regulation would have been preferred. But lets not squabble over details, It didn't hurt us to give St. Louis a point. We won, it was entertaining and we won. :)

Next up : Detroit Redwings

No comments: