Jan 28, 2006

less than two minutes

It was a meeting with the Av's again. I was dreading this game. I knew my team needed to win, wanted to win, but i had my doubts whether they could win. Naslund out, Park out, Cooke out, Cloutier out, Jovanovski out, Rypien out...... But somehow, we prevailed. Even allowing Colorado to score first, we scored a shorthanded goal, right back. Even somehow managing to get two more pucks past Aebischer before the third period was half over. Then I think we got complacent, or we just made two brutal errors. In a span of less than two minutes, Colorado scored to tie the game. Overtime looms. Overtime..... the game wasn't decided...it needed a Shootout to determine the winner......


An unlikely hero, but then again, maybe not so unlikely. With the Absence of our Captain, Marc Crawford chose Jarkko Ruutu to start off the shooters. He beat Aebischer. The only shooter on both teams to beat the goaltender. The Canucks win 4-3

While the two points are great....the defensive breakdown in the third period, is of some concern. Why can't they play a perfect hockey game. Am I asking too much? Are my expectations too high? Okay they probably are..... I just want them to win convincingly when they play teams in their own division. Which they haven't been doing on a regular basis yet this season.

But a win is a win !

Thank you Jarkko Ruutu, and Alex Auld who made some sensational saves over the course of the hockey game.

No comments: